Customer Service Job Profile and Description
The Customer Service professionals have the task of taking care of every responsibilities and skills involved in customer service work. Though the nature of customer service jobs vary from one nature of industry to another but the fundamental job duties remain constant. These fundamental duties are like interacting with the customers, providing them with information and also processing all necessary information. They offer information pertaining to inquiries, about products and services offered by the company they work for.
Customer Service Duties and Responsibilities
- Dealing with customers electronically and even face to face in order to respond adequately to the customer inquiries and furnish them with important required information.
- Handling and resolving of customer complaints related to products and services manufactured by the company.
- Obtaining and evaluating of all relevant information in order to handle inquiries by the customers efficiently.
- Processing of all orders, forms, etc in order of managing the customer’s accounts.
- Keeping records of customer interactions and transactions in order to deal with different situations.
- Communicating and coordinating with all internal departments and then conducting the follow up on customer interactions.
Customer Service Skills and Specifications
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Problem-solving nature.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service orientation.
- Stress tolerance ability.
- Customer Service Job Specifications
Customer Service Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree in any subject would do.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and relevant computer applications is an added advantage.
Customer Service Salary
$10.17 - $14.73 is the hourly rate of the Customer service professionals. However the rate may greatly differ depending on the type of industry and the size of the company he works for.